Tec-Bond® 251 Series of thread locking products are high-temperature resistant, microencapsulated adhesives. They can be applied to male or female threaded fasteners of virtually all sizes, configurations, compositions and finishes.
Tec-Bond 251 products contain microencapsulated reactive elements that are suspended in a quick-curing resin, carried in a solvent or water medium (dependent on formula).
The shearing forces caused by installation of the fastener to the mating part release reactive compounds that cure into a tough, well-bonded polymer. The resulting matrix rapidly bonds the surfaces, semi-permanently locking parts together and sealing leak paths.
Tec-Bond 251 products offer consistent and predictable torque values, and require no heat or primers for curing.
- Unaffected By Automotive Fluids : These materials resist and seal against most automotive fluids. Oil, water, antifreeze, and gasoline have virtually no effect on this family of materials once final cure has been achieved. Tec-Bond 251 products are designed to function in high-temperature environments for extended periods of time, such as in engine compartments.
- Variety Of Strengths, Colors, and Viscosities : This product is available in a variety of colors (for easy inspection) and formulas to best suit the customers' coating equipment. A wide range of similar Tec-Bond products are formulated to satisfy most thread locking requirements.
- Fast Fixture Times : Under typical conditions, fixture is achieved within 90 minutes.
- Saves Money : Tec-Bond 251 products save valuable time and are less expensive than applying bottled thread locking compounds at the point of assembly.
- Suitable For Production Coating : Each grade of the 251 Series is available in viscosities suitable for use on a broad range of equipment.