Tec-Flon 6000 Series
The Tec-Flon products are a group of materials specially designed for fasteners and components to mask, reduce friction, increase job efficiency and facilitate installation.
Other properties Tectorius’ specialized coatings can impart are: reduced surface wear, ‘squeak and rattle’ reduction, and galling and installation torque ‘chatter’ elimination.
Tec-Flon masking and anti-fouling materials are available in many grades with varying degrees of lubrication, temperature resistance, hardness, color and application methods.
- Prevents Accumulation : of electro-coating, paint and welding byproducts onto metal components. This includes fasteners, bushings, nuts, studs and racking.
- Enhances Installation : Lubricates fastener threads to reduce driving friction, heat buildup, thread galling, seizing, and surface damage.
- Reliable Masking : Prevents weld spatter, e-coat, spray paint, powder coat, and some platings from adhering to parts.
- Ensures Uniformity : Helps to ensure uniform clamp loads and torque-to-tension ratios.
- Minimal Pre-Cleaning Requirements : Only parts with excess oil or surface contaminants may require cleaning.
- Prevents Damage : Low-heat application process helps prevent damage or discoloration to fastener platings.
- Reduces Costs : Associated with masking, plugging, or capping of threads.
- Eliminates Re-Tapping : which can compromise safety and quality.