The Tec-Bond® 235 Series of thread locking products are room-temperature curing, microencapsulated adhesives. They can be applied to male or female threaded fasteners of virtually all sizes, configurations, compositions and finishes.
Tec-Bond 235 products contain microencapsulated reactive elements that are suspendedin a quick-curing resin, carried in a solvent or water medium (dependent on formula).
The shearing forces caused by installation of the fastener to the mating part release reactive compounds that cure into a tough, well-bonded polymer. The resulting matrix rapidly bonds the surfaces, semi-permanently locking parts together and sealing leak paths.
Tec-Bond 235 products offer consistent and predictable torque values, and require no heat primers for curing.
- Unaffected By Automotive Fluids : These materials resist and seal against most automotive fluids. Oil, water, antifreeze and gasoline have virtually no effect on this family of materials once final cure has been achieved
- Variety of Strengths, Colors & Viscosities : This product is available in a variety of colors (for easy part inspection) and formulas to best suit the customers' coating equipment. A wide range of similar Tec-Bond products are formulated to satisfy most thread locking requirements
- Fast Fixture Times : Under typical conditions, fixture is achieved within 90 minutes
- Saves Money : Tec-Bond 235 products save valuable time and are less expensive than applying bottled thread locking compounds at the point of assembly
- Suitable For Production Coating : Each grade of the 235 Series is available in viscosities suitable for use on a broad range of production coating equipment